At VYCA | Very Young Contemporary Art we celebrate collaboration, creativity and innovation.
About 10 years ago we embarked on a journey of discovery, from the 20th to the 21st century,
with the vision of sharing with children, young people and families our love and enthusiasm
for contemporary art, always open to challenges and new ideas.
In July 2011 we launched!
Very Young Contemporary Art or simply "VYCA"
is a Non-Profit Company (NPC) based in Athens Greece that works to introduce contemporary art to young people and families.
AS A TEAM WE ARE PROUD THAT:
We have collaborated with more than 50 contemporary Greek artists.
We are the first non-museum institution that has been active with the sole purpose of bringing contemporary art closer to children through interdisciplinary educational programs, with the participation of young and renowned artists.
we design & implement:
- educational programs for school groups
(1st primary - 9th grade high school),
- school visits programs for pre-school pupils,
- activities/workshops for children aged 4-15,
- interactive exhibitions of contemporary art designed
specifically for children,
- thematic meetings for young people 16+ & adults,
- edutainment booths & interactive exhibits for children,
- educational activity bags and kits for Museums,
- audio tours designed for kids and families
Vorres Museum / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center / Actionaid Hellas / Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation / Modern Greek Art Museum of Rhodes /
Art Athina / Eleusis European Capital of Culture / KidsHub / KinderDocs Festival / KETHEA Diavasi / Compagnie DK-BEL
TOMS / BIC /
and more than twenty Schools and Kindergartens!